Coyotes sign F Sullivan to 1-year contract
- Avs mum on report of Roy as next coach
- Rangers looking for another 0-2 comeback
- Sharks look to even series with Kings
- Sens head into Game 4 trying to tie Pens
- Howard has Wings rolling vs. Blackhawks
GLENDALE, Ariz. (AP) The Phoenix Coyotes have signed Steve Sullivan to a one-year contract.
The 37-year-old forward played in 79 games for the Pittsburgh Penguins last season. He ranked sixth on the team in scoring with 17 goals and 31 assists and 20 penalty minutes. He scored two goals and had four assists in six playoff games.
Sullivan played six seasons with the Nashville Predators before going to Pittsburgh. He had a career-high 68 points in 2006-07.
Coyotes general manager Don Maloney calls Sullivan "an intelligent player" who will help improve the team's power play.
Updated July 4, 2012