Blackhawks take Teravainen with 18th pick
- Penguins beat Sens 7-3, push lead to 3-1
- Canucks fire longtime coach Vigneault
- Bruins look to finish Rangers in Game 4
- Wings aim to send Quenneville home again
- Galiardi says Quick embellishing contact
CHICAGO (AP) The Chicago Blackhawks have selected Finnish left wing Teuvo Teravainen with the 18th pick in the NHL draft on Friday.
A Helsinki native, he split last season between Jokerit's junior and senior clubs. He also played for Finland at the 2012 Under-18 World Championship and finished fourth on the team with eight points in six games.
How soon he'll contribute for Chicago remains to be seen.
The Blackhawks are looking to return to the Stanley Cup finals after consecutive first-round playoff exits. They fell to Phoenix in six games last season.
Updated June 22, 2012