Pippen writes Bulls still team to beat
- Heat look to stay alive in Game 6
- Bucks' Ellis opting out of contract
- Nuggets hire Pelicans' Connelly to be GM
- Duncan closing in on fifth championship
- Heat back on familiar grounds in Finals
CHICAGO (AP) Scottie Pippen says the Chicago Bulls still are the team to beat even without the injured Derrick Rose.
In an open letter to the team posted Tuesday on the Bulls' website, Pippen writes, "You're still the best team in the NBA until an opponent proves otherwise." The Hall of Famer also compares the loss of Rose to Michael Jordan's first retirement and points out the 1993-94 team won 55 games. Pippen says the Bulls "believed in ourselves" and never "felt sorry for ourselves."
Rose tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee late in Game 1 against Philadelphia, a staggering blow for the top-seeded team. The Bulls took a 1-0 lead into Game 2 on Tuesday.
Updated May 1, 2012