|National Football League|
Bears bump Ballard, Barrett to lead scouting roles
- RG3 confident he'll be ready for opener
- Prosecutors: Dallas' Brent violated bond
- Cardinals sign DB-KR Mathieu for 4 years
- Texans donate $100K to tornado relief
- Stretch run for NY Super Bowl underway
LAKE FOREST, Ill. (AP) The Chicago Bears have promoted Chris Ballard and Marty Barrett to lead roles in their scouting department.
Ballard is now the director of pro scouting after spending the past 11 seasons as Chicago's Southwest area scout. He previously spent seven seasons on the coaching staff at Texas A&M-Kingsville. Barrett, the new director of college scouting, has been with the Bears since 1997, focusing on the West region.
Chicago announced the moves on Tuesday.
Updated June 5, 2012