|National Football League|
Buccaneers DE Da'Quan Bowers tears Achilles tendon
- Gronkowski has successful back surgery
- Chad Johnson apologizes, let out of jail
- WR Driver says he'd unretire for Packers
- Radio hosts fired for mocking Gleason
- Bengals to star on 'Hard Knocks' again
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) Tampa Bay defensive end Da'Quan Bowers has torn his right Achilles tendon during an offseason workout and will undergo surgery.
The second-year pro out of Clemson was a second-round pick in the 2011 draft. He started six of his 16 games as a rookie, finishing with 25 tackles.
Bowers was injured at the team's practice facility on Thursday.
Also, the Bucs announced undrafted college free-agent quarterback Jordan Jefferson was released.
Updated May 10, 2012