|National Football League|
Martin resigns from NFL Alumni Association
- Police back at home of Pats TE Hernandez
- Ex-Giants P Jennings dies at 61
- 49ers extend DE Smith through 2015
- Buccaneers sign CB Adams, waive G Lewis
- Jackson out to fix Falcons' rushing woes
NEW YORK (AP) George Martin has resigned from the NFL Alumni Association and the NFL Alumni Foundation.
He was executive director of the association and CEO of the foundation for nearly three years. During that time, he helped secure a long-term health care plan for former professional football players and expanded the organizations' reach by increasing the number of local chapters.
The boards of directors appointed Joe Pisarcik as interim chief staff officer of each organization. Martin will offer his expertise and guidance in an advisory capacity over the next four to five months.
Updated May 5, 2012