|National Football League|
Bears agree to 4-year deal with second-round pick
- Chargers, OLB Freeney agree to 2 years
- Jets' Goodson faces drug, weapon charges
- Seattle DE Irvin banned 4 games for PEDs
- Free agent DB Woodson to visit Raiders
- Bears, 1st-round pick Long agree to deal
LAKE FOREST, Ill. (AP) The Chicago Bears have agreed to a four-year contract with second-round draft pick Alshon Jeffery.
A receiver from South Carolina, the 6-foot-3, 212-pound Jeffery had 3,042 yards for his career, making him one of only three Southeast Conference receivers to go over 3,000 yards. He had 1,517 receiving yards as a sophomore in 2010, but just 762 last year.
Jeffery gives Chicago another big receiver to go with the 6-foot-4 Brandon Marshall. The Bears announced the agreement on Wednesday.
Updated May 2, 2012