|National Football League|
Bears take TCU CB McCoy
- Cowboys' Brent not getting bond revoked
- Bears to retire Ditka's No. 89 on Dec. 9
- Jets' Goodson to practice despite arrest
- Injured Seattle TE McCoy may miss season
- Favre's racy text message case settled
LAKE FOREST, Ill. (AP) The Chicago Bears made cornerback a priority with their final two selections of the draft, adding Texas Christian cornerback and return man Gregory McCoy with their seventh-round pick Saturday after selecting Nevada cornerback Isaiah Frey in Round 6.
McCoy, who is 5-10 and 181 pounds, was chosen with the 220th pick. He has seven career interceptions and led the Mountain West with a 30.6-yard kick return average that was sixth nationally.
Frey, a 5-11, 188-pounder, joins a Bears secondary ranked 28th defending the pass last year at 254.1 yards per game.
Earlier Saturday, Chicago drafted tight end Evan Rodriguez of Temple in Round 4, a player who had been considered a risky selection by some due to two past arrests.
Updated April 28, 2012